I have left my original challenge idea's below...
Original challenge (Aug 2014): The site is going to journal my efforts to take a new site from zero to making $1,000 per month in as long as it takes…
Hopefully 90 days, but we’ll see. (update Nov 2014 – 90 days? yeah right. Links to my results and journal entries can be found at the bottom of this page… here)
The objectives apart from the extra cash, are to…
- Push myself a little out of my comfort zone
- Improve my productivity
- Follow the Wealthy Affiliate Training
- Develop a repeatable content marketing system that plays to my strengths
- Learn some new stuff
- Have fun
- And hopefully provide a resource that can help others to replicate the successful elements and avoid the mistakes
I want to journal both my goals and actions, noting what I do how long it takes and what works and what doesn’t.
I plan to record good and bad.
Update 28th July
I’ve added a video below as an intro to my challenge as I have now created aWealthy Affiliate Challenge YouTube Channel which I plan to use to further promote the site.
WA Challenge Intro…
I’ve no doubt that the site can make in advance of $1k per month but I have no idea how long it’ll take to get there.
There’s really only one rule. No paid traffic.
All traffic and visitors to come from my efforts in generating and syndicating content.
Revenue is to come from affiliate commissions earned by referring people to Wealthy Affiliate.
I chose WA because I feel it represents the best value, least hype, training and services the Internet has to offer (more on WA later).
For the record I started on Saturday July 12th.
1. Amount of money I’d be happy with the site earning $1k month.
2. As above but ecstatic… $5k month.