Whilst on holiday this year I read the book "Work The System" by Sam Carpenter.
The premise is that everything in life is a system / process, and that by noting this fact and taking the trouble to identify the steps you take...
You'll improve them...
Quite a lot.
Creating a successful website based business is a system / process / series of steps.
By documenting my steps in precise detail and refining them over time I'm starting to see improving results.
I believe this approach will enable me to faster scale my profits.
By sharing this stuff I hope it could also help you too.
It's not necessary for you to read the book for this to make sense. I also believe this approach will work in any niche.
Taking this approach has enabled me to strip away the fat leaving me a simple system from which I can build...
You're also looking at it...
Yes, this website combined with two other elements are my simple system that earns me money with or without any daily input from me...
A simple system I can continue to build over time.
I'm very much a student of this online marketing stuff... earning as I learn.
I've called it my 'Lifetime Value Subscriber Funnel' because I would like to learn how to provide lifetime value to people that subscribe to my stuff.
It's an aspiration, a work in progress.
It looks like this...
Lifetime Value Subscriber Funnel
I've used the word 'lifetime' to remind myself that this business I'm growing can last for the rest of my life (and can even be passed on).
As my experience and skills increase so will the 'subscriber value' I'll be able to share.
Value is anything that helps people. This maybe as simple as the recommendation of a good product to more detailed instructions on how best to use a product to achieve a desired outcome.
Money is the by-product of delivering value to website visitors / subscribers.
1. At the top of the funnel I pour in targeted traffic. For me this is Pay Per Click (PPC) Traffic from Bing and free search engine traffic (SEO) - I start with PPC traffic because it's it's instantly available; but careful tracking is needed to weed out the losing ads and keywords.
Once you have optimised PPC campaigns you have a very predictable profit stream.
If you're just starting out I would suggest getting good at one traffic method and it doesn't matter if it's free or paid, just as long as YOU LEARN how to do it.
PPC is a business ACCELERATOR.
Once you've got your PPC profitable it becomes a consistent tap that enables your business to grow automatically.
2. The number one goal of this website is to get people to subscribe to my email list so that I can then build a relationship with them and help them whilst they chose to remain a subscriber.
Building an email list and adding value is a fantastic AMPLIFIER for business, and can be for your business too.
I've only recently (last 5 months) changed my website objective to list building.
I'm testing and learning a lot. What incentives to offer people to join my list, which are the best ways to present those (pop ups, sidebar widgets, in content links... and more).
Only regret... I wish I did this sooner.
3. Lifetime Subscriber Value...
It's my intention to learn how to provide value to people for as long as they remain subscribed.
As my experience and skills increase so will the value I'll be able to share. I think in a market with a lot of opportunists, honest helpful information has it's value.
In general I feel I can help people getting started online freely and safely. By introducing them to Wealthy Affiliate... a great place where people can test the water so to speak.
I don't also want to lose sight of the fact that Wealthy Affiliate won't be for everyone, so also want to offer viable alternatives and general high quality niche information.
But how can I get the right information to the right people?
The answer is through my Email Autoresponder. A game changing service for creating automated sequences of information (email sequences) as well as off the fly broadcasts. Add to this the fact that this clever tool can also recognise my subscribers areas of interests and tag them, means that I can send people information that is targeted / tagged to them.
How cool is that.
My SIMPLE system is just 3 elements (PPC, this website, and email marketing) and it enables a largely passive supplementary income.
4. Pick a proven product that adds value to people's lives and it can rain affiliate commissions on you for a lifetime...
This is a simple recipe...
1. pick a good product(s)
2. build an email list of people interested in that product(s)
3. add value through your email follow up sequence
4. lifetime (long term) affiliate commissions... yey 🙂
Example: Profitable Affiliate Promotion
It makes sense that Wealthy Affiliate is my example because it's the primary product I promote from this site.
Here's what it looks like...
1. Bing PPC Wealthy Affiliate product keywords for example "Wealthy Affiliate Review" Bing Phrase Match.
2. Send Visitors to my Wealthy Affiliate review page. with the option to gain email subscribers through both the pop up or the WA bonus material I offer.
3. Provide value for people interested in WA / making extra online by sharing what genuinely helps me in my online business.
4. The combination of a great product and additional value results in a steady flow of affiliate commissions
There is also plenty of scope to extend this model through:-
- Additional WA PRODUCT Keywords
- Outcome focused keywords - "learn affiliate marketing" "how to make money with Amazon" etc etc...
- Alternate products to review (good and bad)
- Alternate traffic sources
- Split testing to continuously improve conversion performance
For me the highlights of this system are:-
- It's a fast start - see sales and profits within a month and benefit from the motivation that brings
- Pick Evergreen quality products and this business can run profitably on autopilot
- Once you understand your key metrics is possible to increase investment in traffic safely and profitably
- You need a minimum $20 per month for PPC (traffic)
- It's not easy to find really great products to promote
If you're interested in going deeper into what works for me I'd be delighted to share.
Clicking the button below will enable you to join my 'Lifetime Value' Newsletter, which is focused on setting up the above type of profit systems.
WARNING: This content won't be for everyone, it's going to focus on automation and leverage, the stuff I do once that pays me on an ongoing basis.
Topics will include paid traffic sources, retargeting (haven't even done any yet), finding GREAT products to promote (so important), email marketing, adding value and doing all this in a few hours per week...