Connect & Earn
CONNECT People Looking For A Solution To A Problem With Companies That Offer PROVEN Solutions
If you connect (using your affiliate link) people looking for a solution to a problem with companies that offer
proven solutions you will make money as the consequence - no 'selling' required.
This is the business model used by many big companies such as Expedia, NerdWallet, AirBNB, Uber, and all the review and comparison sites.
Based on Affiliate Marketing it's a model the little guy can model too.
- Decide on who you want to serve, and how you'd like to serve them.
- Create a YOU based brand hub / website that leverages your strengths and especially weaknesses to give you an authentic unique place you can communicate from.
- After research you should discover there are between 3 - 8 critical points that people need to understand in order to move nearer their goal.
- Create content in the format of your choice that educates people on these points.
- Do these points need to be consumed in a specific order? If so you will develop your Hub / Website / Funnel and follow up messaging to deliver them in the right order.
- ATTRACT people to see your stuff.
- Track and measure key metrics to ensure you stay on target.
"My objective for this page is to share what works
for me, and though I'm riddled with flaws and weakness
show that perfect isn't necessary"
My CONNECT Process...
I've had a few months break from my affiliate business, but without seeing any real drop in revenues. I left automated advertising systems (read Microsoft and Google Search Engine Pay Per Click) to send visitors into my CONNECTING Content which send some of these visitors (via my affiliate links) to companies that can help them further.
This earns me affiliate commissions when somebody buys, which gets paid automatically into my Bank, Ewallet, or Paypal. All very hands off once set up. A good side hustle.
Here's a diagram...
I was going to call my connecting process of messages a 'Matrix' because it sounds cool, and that I know what I'm doing, but the reality is it's a MESS of messaging.
Yet it's profitable.
I'm currently 'pruning' messaging and tech that sits on 3 websites (I used to like testing site / funnel builders), and 4 Email Service Providers.
But I can see from various Analytics, tracking tools, and Affiliate dashboards that some of this stuff works.
But most is unnecessary.
A Brief Example...
1. Decide on who you want to serve and how you want to serve them?
I want to serve the me that is emerging from this realization that I don't want to spend much time on this online stuff, but I do want it to be moderately (I'm also not very ambitious) profitable, and really nail down a simple process that I can share with other side hustlers.
2. Create a YOU based brand hub / website that leverages your strengths and especially weaknesses to give you an authentic unique place you can communicate from.
This site and Freedom-Lifestyles.com going forward are going to be my main sites. The only reason for keeping two that cover the same topic is because I think there will be some value in testing the different tech.
I think the weakness (subjective I know) of being an introverted personality, with no desire / ability to leverage social media may prove interesting to similar people.
3. After research you should discover there are between 3 - 8 critical points that people need to understand in order to move nearer their goal. Your content will revolve around these. Here are mine for people that want a very part time side hustle:-
- Money is always exchanged for value - so if I'm only going to share what's working for me in my side hustle I think it's critical that the companies I connect people to have to over deliver on value. Be happy customer creating machines.
- If I'm going to work around being introverted and a little crappy at marketing I again need to partner with companies that will compensate for my lack. Meaning companies that will really nurture and develop the people that I connect them with.
- Over 85% of sales happen after the initial contact period. Meaning I want to partner with companies that will pay me for the lifetime of the people I introduce, and across all the products and services the company may offer.
- Whatever you decide to promote as an affiliate it's vital to create you own unique brand / angle with hub / website / domain so you can be crystal clear about who you serve, and why they should care. Set yourself apart from the crowd. Big Advertising Networks also prefer working with brands.
- To do this very part time I MUST leverage systems that do the work for me. Automated Advertising and content delivery systems (think funnels, websites and email systems). Today this technology is readily available and easily affordable.
- You MUST be able to track what's working. So you can keep what's profitable.
4. Create content in the format of your choice that educates people on these points.
For me right now this is written format on websites and in email. I'm not saying this is best I think video is probably better if you're able, but I want to focus on what suits me.
5. Do these points need to be consumed in a specific order? If so you will develop your Hub / Website / Funnel and follow up messaging to deliver them in the right order.
I think there is a logical order that should introduce you and your idea (Fun Legit Side Hustle / supplemental online income), give a brief explanation of what it is, possible results, and what you have to do. Pretty standard stuff. Most of my content is on websites and my automated email messaging directs people back to these pages.
6. ATTRACT people to see your stuff.
I've always had most success using Search Engine Pay Per Click traffic. Because these people are very targeted. Already interested enough to type in a search phrase. I then simply try to help them with an advert that explains what my content offers, and then links to content that delivers on the promise in the advert.
The content usually has a link that offers people more information - often that link is an affiliate link.
7. Track and measure key metrics to ensure you stay on target.
This point is vital but for me a work in progress.
I tend to naturally overthink stuff, make things more complex than they need be. Analytics and tracking tech give me so much opportunity to totally confuse myself.
I know what I spend and what I earn. Luckily the later is the bigger number. But when I try and break things into more detail - I blow my own mind.
I think I need to simplify what I track. Knowing there will be a few holes, but being OK with them.
I'm going to research this, and update when I have a better answer.
Affiliate Marketing is an ideal vehicle for a side hustle.
A Hub / Website plus email list gives you enough promotional clout to make money and can run pretty much automatically after initial set up.
Promoting great companies that produce loyal happy customers and offer affiliates the potential for lifetime affiliate commissions and high earnings is the game changer IMO.